Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Evaluation Day 2

Everything went smoothly yesterday and today. Today I had the MUGA scan, sinus CT, and chest x-ray. I feel better knowing my way around now with registration, parking, and housing. Our housing is very close but I was a little wobbly walking on the uneven streets. The woman at the security desk asked if I wanted a wheelchair and I quickly replied, "No thanks, we are fighting that!" I will bring my walking stick during all of this since I figure if I'm not confident walking now, I will be less so when I am tired and weak.

Glad to find out that we can have our townhouse cleaned more than normal. They are used to this request with others having bone marrow treatments. I was also pleased to see how many hand-sanitizing dispensers there are around the hospital. They are everywhere!

I have started to mentally prepare for being like the other vulnerable folks stuck in hospital gowns and booties. Luckily it won't be long and I am used to it. I am hoping we can find some green areas to sit in but I have a feeling it will just be wishful thinking.

I popped into the blood center where I did pheresis because I wanted to give them a follow-up. I am not sure how much they know about their patients progress after they leave. Since not many Myositis patients get pheresed, I wanted them to know that it did get me out of a rough spot. The nurse agreed that being aggressive with this condition now is the right thing. She has seen so many patients who wait too long to take any serious action.

The hardest part of all of this was saying goodbye to Graham. I know he is happy with family and being in a new school for a month, but we may need to set up the video cam so I can actually see his silly self.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and packages!

No comments: