Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 5 IPOP

Neutrophils, the body's white blood cells that attack infection and my muscle are down to zero. We had the growth factor shot and it wasn't as spectacular as Andrew's rendition of old comic book heros healing miraculously on the spot with their "growth factor" magic powers. I will take this for 2 weeks, or as long as my neutrophil count is below normal.

I looked at the calendar and from what others have told me, you lose your hair 12 days after the start of chemo so that joyfully leaves me bald on Thanksgiving. I am ready and Andrew suggested I go for the Sinead O'Connor look but we may need a new wardrobe to pull that off.

Energy level is not as bad as I was expecting and morning nausea has stopped. We had some Indian food last night which was so good. I do like the flexibility of walking to the store and to dinner, but I am supposed to be very careful now that my neutrophil counts are at zero.

My CPK numbers are 1140, down from 1864 10 days ago. Normal is about 300.

No comments: