Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 2

We have a day off from IPOP today and glad for it since I am beginning to feel some fatigue. Diarrhea has also hit yesterday and today which was expected and not too bad. So the honeymoon is over for now in terms of walking around and eating out like we did yesterday. We wanted to head out while my counts were still sort of up. It was pretty unusual for me to eat so slowly and have such small portions since I love food, especially Japanese. Strolling around a city just the two of us was a reminder of how we are lucky to at least have the time to spend together.

Being around the hospital, the nurses, seeing the other patients, going through chemo, reading the literature etc. has made me so much more aware of what a Cancer patient really goes through. I am having some sadness in that regard in how absorbed in my own life I was as some of my family and friends underwent this. We are all human I guess and only know from experience. Their strength and grace is something I hope to follow.

Andrew commented today how excited he was to hear I was wired last night. He said he couldn't rememeber the last time I was wired at night. I don't know if it is the meds or my old self coming back?

Here are some numbers from yesterday:

White Count: 2150 (Normal 4500-11000)
Red Count: 3.95 (Normal 4-5.20)
Platelet: 181 (Normal 150-350)

I will do CK on Tuesday and will pick up packages today at other address. Also, sorry to say but we are not allowed to have plants or flowers. We will have friends take care of the ones we have gotten until we can have them again- Thank you!

No comments: