Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 4 IPOP

Another day....and counts are down to:

WBC: 430 (Normal: 4500-11000) (Fight infection)
RBC: 3.96 (Normal: 4-5.2) (Carry oxygen to body)
Platelet: 128 (Normal: 150-350) (Blood clotting)
Neutrophils : 258 (Normal: 1500-7800) (The lymphocites/neutrophils are the body's attack cells).

We were reminded that we need to bring our meds with us in case we needed to stay longer for some reason. I also figured out that I was supposed to take 2 and not 1 each morning of the Fluconazole. We went over what to expect tomorrow when I get the growth factor that triggers the reboot. I think I will be at nader or below detectable levels for 3-4 days. I am expecting some pain or discomfort in the bones and joints and it will be a longer day than the normal vitals and labwork.

I have noticed some spotting and we will monitor it. Bleeding of the bladder is one of the main risks but I don't think this is related. I think it is carrying over from my cycle now that platelets are low.

Nurses are great and are finally figuring out how to pronounce my name. One almost was recruiting other nurses to take us home for Thanksgiving dinner!

No comments: