Monday, November 3, 2008

Counting Down

The reality has hit and so has some underlying anxiety. I am staying mentally busy with my many lists of what to bring- I even went out and got antibacterial spray, hand-santizers etc. because they don't sell those in Baltimore=) Also trying to keep up with physical therapy since I am afraid of losing muscle during all of this. Doing reps of what is most difficult is the best thing to do- like lying flat on stomach to all fours over and over, getting out of chair, etc. Good news on that - PT folks were happy with my progress since they last saw me in August. Not sure if it was Rituxan kicking in or Plasmapheresis, but I did improve from the summer. They noticed my ability to get out of a chair better and my torso is not so far back when walking. So I have gotten to a more managable level, but not what I could be. I got some adjustable ankle arm weights even though gravity seems to be enough some days.

I will be seeing Dr. Christopher before I start treatment so she can get a baseline of strength, labs, etc. and track my progress.

Andrew videotaped me the other day and it was pretty hard to watch. I didn't realize how I throw my legs, how my hips move all over, and how contorted I move when trying to get up from the ground. It is better than it was, I must remember that. Never underestimate the strength of your big toe=)

No comments: