Saturday, November 8, 2008

Almost There

I saw my Myositis doctor the other day so she could have me fill out some paperwork, do a strength test, take some blood for research, and to answer any questions. We discussed that I did not try regular dose Cytoxan and I again told her I don't wish to. I have seen the severity of this and don't want to play around any more. I owe it to myself and my family to be knowledgable and agressive with this right now.
I was starting to think that I was improving when I noticed some little changes here and there. But after seeing the doctor, we agreed that yes, things are still in need of improvement.
I will go down to 15mg Prednisone pre-treatment. I will take an acid reducer during treatment to help the fact that I will be taking Prednisone with little food. I will take Diflucan now and during treatment to control any yeast issues. Rituxan does not interfere with treatment we were told.
The case manager reminded me of our status as pioneers, both in terms of some snags with insurance and in terms of the excitment for remission and future research. I don't want any praise, just some muscle will do.

No comments: