Sunday, December 14, 2008

Moving On

So I was looking back and realized how much Plasmapheresis and Rituxan really did help me. There was a point when I couldn't get out of that chair, when I couldn't walk alone or roll over, when I would fall continuously. I never documented that phase and never want to revisit that 90 year old body. That is why I went forward with HiCy.

I do not know if this will put me in remission and for how long. I do not want to think about it actually. I am done being consumed with health and ready to move on; to experience life instead of watching it pass me by.

Everyone has something it seems and all I know is that pushing to get the treatment you deserve is your right. I am so much more thankful now. I started this in such denial, not realizing that running isn't the goal anymore but just functioning. Step by step, day by day.

Having a supportive family and community has been critical. Your positive energy wherever you have been has helped more than you know. Now let's talk about something else!!




Welcome Home!

No comments: