Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 13 IPOP

Today we got more good news.

Firstly, my white count is steadily rising and is 470 (doubling almost every day!) Dr. Brodsky said today that it should jump pretty quickly in the next day or so and we may be out of here by the end of the week! It may get tricky and actually be early next week since we wouldn't be able to remove the cathetar on the weekend. Also, my CPK today was 658! It has not been below 1000 in almost 2 years. This again is the indicator of my muscle enzymes seeping into my blood. So the low numbers means the inflammation is indeed going down!

There have been small changes that I have noticed in my range of motion. The left leg hamstring definately has improved and lifting my arms outstretched from my side to above my head is surely more fluid. The mental fatigue/fog has lifted. Rebuilding the muscle damage will surely take awhile, but now I have some of the energy back to climb that mountain.

Hopefully we will be mask-free soon and the joint pains won't be too bad.

Well the joint pain has started now in the evening as expected in the hip area.

No comments: