Sunday, October 12, 2008

Questions for Consult

Since I am a fan of asking too many questions... I know I will gather many more after Tuesday's consult, but here is the short list.

1. What other myositis patients, if any, do you know of that have done HiCy (Cyclophosphamide)?

2. How much will you and Dr. Christopher-Stine be talking during my treatment?

3. Will you be available throughout the treatment, when will you be away?

4. I know the risks for infection and damage to ovaries, but what are the percentages?

5. When would a blood transfusion be neccessary?

6. Do I continue with same amount of Prednisone throughout treatment? (I am at 20mg now. CK is 3137).

7. How does the drug Copaxone work in training the immune system to hopefully stay in remission?

8. If I have a history of cancer in my family, what are the risks for this treatment causing cancer?

9. Are there any neurological risks?

10. What precautions do we take for the first month home? When do you recommend re-vaccinating?

11. What are all the medications that I will be offered? How do they interact with one another?

If you have any others questions for me or for me to ask, please let me know.

No comments: