Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MRI

I had my MRI of the legs at the beginning of March and we were pleased with the decrease in inflammation in comparison to a year ago. It was better but surely not perfect and present in the areas I know are the weakest- hamstrings and gluts. Not sure what is permanent damage, but the goal is to build up the muscle around the damage. I have decided to do physical therapy on my own.

We decided to start tapering a bit to 12.5 Prednisone and I am doing 10mg/15mg back and forth each day for a month. Not sure what will happen once I am at 10mg.

I received a photo/video release in the mail the other day for the film that I will be in for Hopkins. That should be interesting watching me try to communicate clearly while nauseous. Speaking of movies, a friend just showed me a small independent film shot about the friendship between a woman with Polymyositis and a boy with Autism. It is called "SideCar." (http://www.sidecarsfilm.com/) It sheds light on the possibilities that form with friendship, the severity of Myositis, and the uniqueness of the autistic mind. We all have something we carry around with us that shapes our world but does not define us. A nice reminder to get past what's on the surface.

No comments: