Thursday, January 8, 2009

Follow Up

I had my follow up appt. today with my Myositis doc and it felt good to be at the other side of the treatment. I remember leaving the office in November pretty nervous and unsure of it all. After hearing that I do indeed have SRP for sure, I am glad that I went forward and didn't waste any time. Once again I got to show my progress and the challenging places- hip flexors when sitting and neck when lying down still don't do much of anything. Everything else I scored well in comparison.
Interesting to find out that there was no other Myositis patient that did HiCy. The doc had me confused with Myasthenia Gravis. Oh well- I was glad to have that positive image of a guy doing black diamonds on the slopes as I was starting treatment. I am hoping to try some bunny slopes soon...somewhere with noooo trees close-by.
Next visit in March I will do an MRI of the thigh to really see what the "damage" is.

No comments: